Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Little Romantic Surprise

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was my 13th wedding anniversary. WOW!! I can hardly believe that we have been together that long. (I guess long is a relative term when you think that my parents have been married 44 years, huh?) Anyway, he reserved us a nice little room at a bed and breakfast in St. Augustine. He talked his mother into coming to our house and spending the night and keeping all of our kids at one time. He took me to a beautiful restaurant called the Columbia. The weather was horrible. It rained and the wind was blowing 40 mph. BUT, the window of our room looked right out into the bay at St. Augustine. There was a swing on the terrace right outside our door and we sat there and watched the big boats go up and down the bay. It was so nice just for the two of us to get away with no kids. We have not been anywhere overnight with out a child for 12 years. And I guess our marriage was kind of telling the news. I told him that we are not going to wait 13 years to do that again. I love my children, and would not trade them for anything, but they make me tired!!
Praise report. Christophers schoolmate has returned to school. He is not allowed to participate in any recess or PE and is taking a boatload of medications, but he is back at school.
I had an awesome day Sunday. God's presence was so at our Church on Sunday. The morning and the evening. It was wonderful to spend some time in His presence.
Love to all,
Michelle

4 comments:

Sherry Hayes said...

Wow that sounds like lots of fun. What a nice anniversary. I'm proud of Robert for doing that. I know what ya mean about long over due and how much we love our children but we do have to remember to take care of their Momma and Daddy's too.
Glad to hear Chris' friend is back to school. I'll keep him on my prayer list.
Love ya Girl,
Sherry

Kayla Nicole said...

hey i will but what is your email address?
I will send you the pics when i get your email thingy. plus what is your blog address i cant get it right?

sanctuaryseeker said...

Kayla,
my email is fast2type@yahoo.com

my blog address is
shelfglenn.blogspot.com
hope to get those pictures soon.
love ya

Melissa said...

I'm just now getting caught up on reading all of these. Where have I been? Our computer has been running so slow! Maybe that's why....

Shelley's Tuneage


About Me

Wife of nearly 13 years. Mom of 3 active children. Working in a secretarial setting.