Wednesday, November 7, 2007

7 lbs 1 oz

Hey all,
My niece had her baby tonite around 6pm. A beautiful, precious, baby girl. 7 lbs 1 oz of pure sugar. She had the most beautiful hands and feet. And a nice healthy set of lungs. And the cutest little quiver in her bottom lip when she cries. My niece is doing well after her C-section. I am so thankful to God for both of their health and safety during the operation and beyond.
Sunday, I missed church because we were in Ft. White. And I missed tonight because I was at the hospital waiting for her to be born. It was a precious experience. I wish that I had gone to college to become a maternity nurse. My niece chose not to breastfeed and I can only be heartbroken for her because it was such a precious time for me and my babies. I think I want to learn how to be a lactation consultant. Then I think, I couldn't even pass basic math in high school how would I ever pass the courses required to do something like that. I have been a labor coach twice and it was the most rewarding experience (other than the birth of my own children). Oh well.........
We are going to look at modular homes tomorrow. Sherry says that they decided to go with modular and are pleased with it. I just wonder..... oh well. I love all of you and will be talking to you soon.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I missed you again tonight. Tell your neice I said congratulations. I know what you mean about the breastfeeding. My heart always breaks for those who don't even want to try. At the same time, I know there are reasons why some cannot. It's such a sweet time that no one else can share with the baby. It't something I will always treasure.

Sherry Hayes said...

Congrats on your precious bundle. To me there is nothing more precious than to look at a new born baby sleeping-that truly is the face of God. I missed you tonight too.
I didn't breast feed with my first but tried with Hunter. I didn't like it. Maybe if I would have had you as my coach I may have been better prepared. Love Ya.

Shelley's Tuneage


About Me

Wife of nearly 13 years. Mom of 3 active children. Working in a secretarial setting.