Friday, November 23, 2007

What A Day

What A Day we had yesterday. We had family come in to my mom's and it was one of the best Thanksgivings that I can remember. My brother, his wife, my niece Kim and her boyfriend and her daughter (my brand new grand niece Autumn), my Aunt Mary, Josh, Mama, Daddy, Robert and my kids. There was so much food and everyone just had such a great time together. After dinner and everyone had left but me and Robert and the kids, my mom and I went for a ride together and wound up in Sharron. Uncle Harris has gotten his headstone and it really is beautiful. There were flowers there from someone with the Seminoles theme and they were beautiful as well. Someone had already placed Christmas flowers there as well. He has his Dept. of Defense foot stone there as well. I had no idea that he served in Vietnam. There is a bench at his gravesite and it is so peaceful and quiet there. Now I know why he wanted to be buried so far away. Some days, I miss him so bad that tears still come to my eyes. But what I mostly think of is that I am so thankful that we got to be closer while he was sick.
I hope that everyone else had a great turkey day and took time to be thankful.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We had a great time tonight while we were at the parade with ya'll. Thanks for letting us share your blanket. See you tomorrow.

Kayla Nicole said...

hey michelle i love ya love lala

Shelley's Tuneage


About Me

Wife of nearly 13 years. Mom of 3 active children. Working in a secretarial setting.