Friday, November 9, 2007

Sigh

Hello everyone,
Have you ever come in contact with someone and thought what a neat person they are. And how this is really someone that you want to see in heaven? I have just had one of those experiences. I have been in physical therapy for three weeks now and have had four different therapists, but this one particular one just got to me. He is a young man here in Florida from Michigan. He is really good at his job. Today was my last time at therapy and I just had to know if he was a christian or not. And I have asked for the Lord to help me know this. Well, today when I got there, he looked so tired and frail that I asked him what was wrong. Without going into details and violating his trust, he has got some problems and they have been keeping him up at night. He spent a lot of time just talking to me about the things that are going on. And bingo, I got my chance. I asked him if he was a praying person. And he told me that no he was not. That he had had a bad experience as a youngster and that he didn't believe in that anymore. I mean, I know he has had some instruction because he knew some Bible stuff me and another woman were talking about last week. He just said that all that religion stuff was not for him. I was stunned. I didn't know what to say, so I told him that I would pray for him.
So later when I was doing my stretches we were talking about my family moving and how I didn't really want to go, but that because God wanted me to be a submissive wife, I was going with my husband. He said that was a load of cr**. Again, I was stunned. I told him that I was not a mindless ninny, that my husband and I talk things over and even though we disagree on some things, I believe that as long as I follow God's will that He would work things out. He kind of just pshawed me and we went on with my therapy. So, apparently something happened way back in his past at church.
Please, please pray for him that he will either come to know Jesus as his Savior, or that he will return to the Lord.
Okay, I'm jabbering. I took the kids to see my new grand-niece tonite. The boys were obviously in love with her. Especially Chris. Abby wanted to play with her like a doll I think.
Oh well, that's all for now. Talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I would love to pray for him. Will you be seeing him again? I will definitely lift him up. A seed was planted.

Melissa said...

BTW, What is your grand-neice's name?

Shelley's Tuneage


About Me

Wife of nearly 13 years. Mom of 3 active children. Working in a secretarial setting.